Despite being a relatively new addition to the market, steam cleaners have proven themselves an invaluable tool in handling common household chores. Say goodbye to dust, chemicals, and surface-level cleaning with the help of steam cleaning!
Steam cleaning is a healthier, greener alternative that leaves your carpets and your household surfaces free of dust, debris, and stains. Allergies and even parasites will trouble you no more, after a good steam cleaning session.
If you’re interested in this technology, you may be wondering which version is best for you! Given that there are many options to choose from, we’ve taken it upon ourselves to find the ideal steam cleaner for you! Read on to see our handy guide on picking the steam cleaner that is going to change the way you view cleaning.
1. Choose the right type
That’s right – there are different varieties, for diverse types of users! Here are the main ones, as well as who can benefit the most from them:
- Handheld steam cleaners – they’re compact in size and highly affordable, which makes them ideal for day-to-day tasks and getting at hard-to-reach spots. The only downside is that they’re less efficient for larger cleaning jobs and the level of cleaning is slightly reduced, compared to bigger types.
- Steam mops – affordable, light, and perfect for cleaning floors. Similarly, these take up little space and don’t need to use any detergents or chemicals. They’re ideal for getting rid of bacteria, however, while they’re great for use on floors, some other areas may be trickier.
- Cylinder steam cleaner – the steam cleaner most like traditional vacuum cleaners, it is a versatile solution. All the attachments and accessories make it perfect for any surface. Its size and price, coupled with mobility, do make handling it slightly more difficult, however.
- Vapor steam cleaner – dry cleaning is the name of the game. Despite being more expensive, often seen as a type of commercial steam cleaner, they are great to use around the house! If you’re in a particularly humid area, you will love the fact that this type of cleaner leaves no water or humidity behind! Otherwise, it is highly like the cylinder steam cleaner.
When choosing the right steam cleaner for you, make sure you have in mind what you’re looking for. Now that you know what several types of steam cleaners can offer you, pick to your heart’s content.
Here are some examples:
- Have little space in your house? A handheld one or a mop may be just what you need.
- Costs – since steam cleaners range from $100 to thousands of dollars, consider what you’re buying them for. It may even be advisable to rent a steam cleaner if you’re using it for a one-off job, or have little need for it otherwise.
- Noise – if you’ve got kids, pets, or are simply sensitive to loud sounds, consider the noise output first. Steam cleaners tend to be quieter than vacuum cleaners, so you can get an incredibly quiet cleaning done, with the right model.
Once you’ve decided what you need, consider what you want to have, also. One of the best ways of choosing between diverse options is to look at the extras offered and pick the ones you like the most. Here are some exceedingly popular features in certain models:
- Continuous refill
- Combination model
- Extra attachments
- Start-up time
- Cleaning capacity and depth
Once you know what you can buy, have figured out what you need, and then looked at all the extras, you’re ready to make an informed choice about the right steam cleaner for you. We hope this article helped you decide and we can’t wait for you to try out steam cleaning – it will change your life!